Place:


Sullington  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sullington like this:

SULLINGTON, a parish in Thakeham district, Sussex; 6 miles WNW of Steyning r. station. Post town, Hurst-perpoint. Acres, 2,340. Real property, £2,177. Pop., 241. Houses, 45. Sandgate Lodge is the seat of G.Gibson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £400.* Patron, Mrs. Palmer. The church is early English.

Sullington through time

Sullington is now part of Horsham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Horsham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sullington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sullington, in Horsham and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9030

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sullington ".