Place:


Morestead  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morestead like this:

MORESTEAD, a parish in Winchester district, Hants; 3 miles SE of Winchester r. station. Post town, Winchester. Acres, 1,519. Real property, £996. Pop., 112. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. A tract of about 5 acres bears the name of NoMan's-Land, and is free from all rates and taxes except the county rate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £180.* Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church has a bell-turret, and is good.

Morestead through time

Morestead is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Morestead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morestead, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5892

Date accessed: 26th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Morestead ".